Re: O/T Wellbrook Loop antenna - any users?

Michael.2E0IHW

Vielleicht... Doch Probieren geht über Studieren bzw. Mutmassen :-)

For reproducible and verifiable performance of Maynard's original Ferrite Sleeve Loop idea, check online sources, eg:-

https://www.academia.edu/32699939/FSL_Antenna_Design_Optimization_All-out_Experimentation_to_Determine_Weak-Signal_Performance_Potential

Michael 2E0IHW

On 15/10/2019 23:10, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:
add some snake oil :-) ... that protects the non gold plated contacts from rusting hi hi
greetz sigi dg9bfc
Am 15.10.2019 um 20:53 schrieb jdow:
I smell an equivalent beast for RF to the AF Audiofeelie phenomenon with gold plated wall sockets and plugs.

{o.o}

On 20191015 11:23:36, Michael.2E0IHW via Groups.Io wrote:
The ultimate would be an FSL (search uldx !) with a bunch of ferrite rods.  On MW an FSL pulls in what others cannot hear, so should do equally well on 160m, probably less on on 80m unless the ferrite is
suitable for 3.5 MHz.

Either can be good to outflank rx QRM on 160m or 80m,
whilst using a regular dipole for tx, if required.

Michael 2E0IHW

On 15/10/2019 17:57, Allan Isaacs wrote:
I was considering mounting a ferrite rod aerial on top of a pole away from the house and mains wiring, Ethernet cables etc I currently have a home-made 1m loop tuned by a varactor diode and 3 coils, LW, MW and 80m with matching transistor to 50 ohm coax and thinking a ferrite rod salvaged from an old battery portable might be better.

Has anyone tried using a remotely tuned ferrite rod?

Allan G3PIY