Re: S Meter #poll

Joe F. KC8RKL

Hello Simon-

Perhaps these have been suggested previously, if so I'm also in favor:

1) A scrolling horizontal or vertical (configurable, optional) multicolor ribbon representing signal strength over time (configurable length of time). This could be either integral with the S-meter (top/bottom/right/left) or an optional separate resizeble window.
2) A histogram or X-Y plot of signal strength vs. time (configurable length of time). This could be an optional resizable window.

Both of the above might either clear and re-paint with a 'large' change of frequency or possibly continue plotting for 'small' frequency tweaks (optional setting).

Don't know how well received or how feasible these are, but we can daydream, can't we?

73,

Joe F. KC8RKL

p.s. My vote was for analog