Re: Artefacts in new Airspy Discovery !? #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus #sdrconsolev3 #airspy

Lawrence Stoskopf

Look at the old Navy boat anchor receivers. Most had great RF selectivity and 2 RF stages. Not for low NF or IM but to prevent LO radiation. That would have been a beacon for DF by the enemy. I know that a ship is an IM nightmare so the filtering helped, but .....
N0UU
Loved the shielded construction   

On Aug 28, 2019, at 04:06, Allan Isaacs <allan@...> wrote:

All receivers except crystal sets will radiate RF and many act like a low power transmitter if an external aerial is connected.

I once tried to read a CE document because a few were listed on a sheet that came with something I bought from RS.

I found I’d have to pay 300 pounds sterling to read one document and there were 25 main ones.

http://www.radiomuseum.co.uk/smadhesive.html

I notice other manufacturers allow discussion and criticism of their products.

As some say.. Any publicity is good publicity.

I do know of one transceiver where RF problems were kept secret. That was Skynet 4.. but that as they say is another story.

Allan G3PIY

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of Henry via Groups.Io
Sent: 28 August 2019 09:47
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Artefacts in new Airspy Discovery !? #airspy #airspyhfplus #sdrconsolev3 #sdrsharp

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 10:12 AM, David J Taylor wrote:

http://www.ab4oj.com/sdr/airspy/airspy_hf_notes.pdf .
============================

That report is more than a year out of date now.

Yes, and it does not have the (oficially not available) preselector addon board and it is not about the HF+ Discovery.
The actual strong spurs were introduced with the preselector board. Nevertheless the censorship in the Airspy group is intolerable.
I am not sure: But doesn't a receiver which emits RF over his antenna socket like a transmitter lose CE conformity?
73s, Henry

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.