Re: What I would like to see in future versions.

Mark Pettifor

From: Paul White
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 17:43:22 EDT

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 10:23 AM, jdow wrote:

shift the IF filter center frequency relative to the nominal "proper" center frequency - IF shift. That is a MAJOR help

I had a Drake R-7 for a while. This pass-band tuning (PBT) helps in all sorts of ways, even with CW. Also great for SAM, where you don't have to mess with the tuned frequency.
Really, it's one of those features you may not realise you need until someone pokes it in your eye

I still have a mostly-working Drake R-7, and the pass-band tuning in combination with the bandwidth and notch filters can dig just about any audible DX signal out of the worst mess of noise you could imagine. There's nothing to compare it to in the SDR world that I've seen yet, but I haven't seen anywhere near everything available either...

Mark Pettifor
Goshen, IN