RTL-SDR Bandwidth verses S/N #rtl

Paul

Hi folks - running SDRC on 64 bit Win 10 and have been playing with the SDRC bandwidth of the RTL while copying CW and FT8 and noticed that my noise floor apparently drops when I go from 200 khz to 1 meg BW.  Here is example of copying a local station - first two decodes at 1 meg BW and second at 200 khz BW.  Seems counterintuitive.

Next I was copying two CW beacons, left one is local and right one 60 miles west in the mountains.  First picture is at 200 khz BW and second is 1 meg - secons is some much cleaner with less background noise.

Anyone suggest reason why this is?

Thanks- Paul NO0T