Re: Which to choose..AirSpy HF+Discovery or SdrPlay RSP1a

Jerry

I have owned both the RSP1A and the Airspy HF+.  The Airspy  jumps over the 6 meter band and that was a drop dead issue for me.  The Airspy has a very narrow receive bandwidth so the panadaptor can not see the entire band which is not true with the RSP1A and the price of the Airspy is more than the RSP1A.  In fairness the RSP1A overloads badly with strong signals and the Airspy is better. .  Can you buy a better sdr?  Yes, but I have owned several sdr receivers and the RSP1A is a great buy for the money with great software support.
73 Jerry W5RCQ