Re: i5 SFF Desktop / CUDA / more VINTAGE THINKINGS: BBC-Basic OT

Augusto <hb9tza@...>

HI Allan G3PIY,
Very nice that you also have a Beeb!
HI HI, I do not know if somewhere somebody has even written a magic PC Win10 emulator for the Beeb !!
But I can give you a link to a nice website where to get BBC-Basic for Windows: http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/
There you may find also many other things about the BBC Basic, that in spite of name has no similitudes with MSBasic.
It seemed to me these times to be more Pascal-like than MS-Basic like.
73, Allan, G3PIY de Augusto I2JJR / HB9TZA

Il 04/07/2019 17:20, Allan Isaacs ha scritto:

I plugged in my BBC b last year Augusto and it emitted a huge puff of white smoke so I turned it off again.

I clipped off a mains filter capacitor and this time it came on.. but just a flashing cursor on the old monitor.

I couldn’t remember what to do next so switched off and returned it to its box…

I have two of those RGB monitors but they were so expensive I can’t chuck them out.

I did however throw away my Juki golfball printer. It (also) cost a months wages.

I wonder if there’s a PC emulator for the Beeb so I can run SDR Console?

Allan G3PIY