Re: i5 SFF Desktop / CUDA / VINTAGE THINKINGS

Augusto <hb9tza@...>

It's a pity Simon,
you should switch your old PC on, time to time, to keep it sound!

And OK for the VAX station, the last I used had been an Alpha Station.

But also the LSJ based one, when compared to these times MS and Intel, seemed a Star-Trek object ...
Should not the Digital having serious soft-protection, I would have bought an Alpha surplus one after retiring, and run our VMS Custom these times Software.
A beautiful and powerful Graphic Petri Automa Network development system, 7 layer nesting among automas nets. Really powerful!

But its licence was really toooo expensive, to be only a joke of an old retired ex engineer ... HI HI .
So I go on with Intel and Microsoft, and sometimes look at my old BBC-b, lying in his Acorn original box like a coffin ...

Time goes on like a caterpillar digging our lives. HI.
73 ,
         Augusto

( Jan 1943 issued. Began with tubes, but not yet ended. By now with CPUs)

Il 04/07/2019 12:56, Simon Brown ha scritto:

What?

Sounds just like my 1996 first Windows PC which I still have – it’s up in the attic! It cost so much I can’t bring myself to throw it out, even though it’s not been used for at least 20 years!

And the first computer when I started coding for myself rather than being a wage slave is still in use – a VAX station 3100!

All that money, where did it go?