Re: i5 SFF Desktop / CUDA (VINTAGES ...)

Augusto <hb9tza@...>

HI, Allan G3PIY,
I still have a replacement part, sealed in box: a Seagate full size 10Mb hard disk!

Sorrily I do not have anymore at least one of the many Cordata 8088 "portable" (15kg - 220Vac) PC I had these times.
I ran my first Packet Radio VHF BBS with two 5,25" floppies and 8088 CPU 256K RAM ...
Later, another Cordata 8088 ran as a terminal for the home made Packet TNC .
Later substituted by a TAPR TNC (known as TNC-1); other Cordata, and later on for many TNC2 operating as Net Nodes.

Then endly, as the mess and no rules rised, I did QRT all, VHF and UHF net and BBS, and went to a Pactor II HF Terminal with a wonderful SCS-PtcII ...
It was many years ago, but a good age, until the mass come in, destroying all with bad operating techniques and giant egos ...
It was at the beginning called "Packet Revolution" but sorrily became quickly "Packet Involution".

Amen!
               73 , Augusto

Il 04/07/2019 12:22, Allan Isaacs ha scritto:

Things never stand still do they Bob.. otherwise the manufacturers would go out of business.

I remember building a “state of the art” computer donkeys years ago. It had a mind-numbing 133MHz Socket 7 processor and the RAM was £1 per Meg.

The customer managed to raise enough cash for 132Meg and an enormous 500MB hard drive with a new fangled IDE interface completed the package.

Windows 95 came on a box full of 3.5 inch floppies.

I still have the hard drive from customer’s older IBM machine, a Seagate ST-406, 5MB.

Allan G3PIY