Re: Audio level low

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW <dale.elshoff@...>

I ran into the audio level getting set to 50% when selecting WWV from the Favorites.  The audio dropped way down so I didn't hear anything until the beep on the minute.  I turned the volume level up on SDR Console and at some point figured out it will be necessary to save any changes made to Favorites or Memories for each item.  There is no selection to set all audio levels to the desired amount all at once, they have to be adjusted then saved individually (see picture).  Use the Update button to save.  So this afternoon I did some experimenting and found the file where the Favorites are stored and did a search and replace with Notepad++ to get everything the same.

I also noticed there were two symbol characters, "ยง" that appeared together in a few places in the file that produces a "§" symbol as seen in the Update Favourite capture below (before the second occurrence of the word Title):

If using Windows 10 don't forget the App volume and device preferences where you can adjust the application volume level.

73,

Dale WB8CJW

On 6/25/2019 4:15 AM, oh6xi wrote:
Thank you all for responding. First, let me say that I am not a programmer or computer wizard, so my questions may look trivial to an expert. Here some answers/comments and things I do not understand:
- Yes, I will try to find another output device (I believe I have USB headphones somewhere.....) and let you know the result
- My impression is that this sudden drop in audio level occurred when I clicked on the "80m (3.5-3.7)" selection in the Favourites Amateur map. Before that it all sounded ok to me. I cannot understand what happened then.
- Yes, the setting is/was 50%, but then again with this same setting the other testprograms produced  clearly enough audio levels. Why? To open the matrix and adjust the volume levels in the mixer is beyond my expertise at this point.
- The Asus audio device is a 22" display with built in small speakers and connected via HDMI to the computer. This has produced quite acceptable audio  with the console until this "incident" happened, and still the other tested programs produce enough audio, so some setting must have changed.
- As you can see my undestanding of the windows audio system is quite limited, but "we'll keep on learning".