Re: Comment on my BFM spectrum please... #ettusb210 #uhd #sdrconsolev3

Joe Puma

He’s on 102mhz which suggests he wants broadcast band.

Those humps look like cellular or maybe HD tv?, you might be getting major IMD from a cell tower. Maybe browse around around cellular frequencies 700mhz, 800 and 900.

On May 21, 2019, at 1:50 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Get a 88-108MHz bandpass filter.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of erik@...
Sent: 21 May 2019 06:40
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Comment on my BFM spectrum please... #sdrconsolev3 #uhd #ettusb210

Hi,

As you can see from the attached picture, I have 3 large 'humps' in the BFM range, with stations appearing out of the top of each (for the most part). You do not see any noise floor inbetween these three groups, like you do at the top end of the spectrum.

Why is this?

I can only guess; are these groups of stations each coming from a common wide-band amplifier?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.