Re: Satellite things

Joe Puma

Yes I wanted to see this option exactly for that reason. There are more satellites that are RX only vs TX. I wouldn’t expect someone who works birds to find this super useful as they will be manually working their equipment as expected anyway. 

Simon,

Don’t forget to add a function that refreshes the satellite passes list. If one leaves their station unattended for some time and it completes the list of passes that are there based on the number of hours you set, the list will eventually be empty. 

Joe

On May 20, 2019, at 10:04 PM, Lakshman Bijanki <vu2lbw@...> wrote:

Thank you Simon. 

This will be a great feature for some of us who leave our stations on to download telemetry. 

73 de Lucky / VU2LBW

On Mon, 20 May 2019 at 18:43 Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

OK,

Now getting my satellite Mojo working, hope to have automated passes working in a few days.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: 17 May 2019 20:55
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] Satellite things

Hi,

You mentioned that eventually the satellite list will automatically switch to the next Satellite in the list at AOS thus switching frequency too. I don’t see that happening yet.

You don't see this because I haven't added it yet. I can’t do everything at once 😊 .

Also would it be possible to bring in satellites frequency data from AMSAT or whoever tracks it, so one don’t have to manually key in the RX/TX for each bird. For GPredict it has this option and I recall seeing a json script execute. Would be a cool feature and save trouble of us doing it.

Please show me where this information is.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.sdr-radio.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Puma
Sent: 17 May 2019 20:52
To: SDR-Radio@groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Satellite things

Hi Simon,

You mentioned that eventually the satellite list will automatically switch to the next Satellite in the list at AOS thus switching frequency too. I don’t see that happening yet.

Also would it be possible to bring in satellites frequency data from AMSAT or whoever tracks it, so one don’t have to manually key in the RX/TX for each bird. For GPredict it has this option and I recall seeing a json script execute. Would be a cool feature and save trouble of us doing it.

All the best,

Joe

Kd2nfc

--
Lakshman Bijanki, VU2LBW
RTTY WAZ, 5BWAZ
http://www.vu2lbw.in

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.