Re: Comment on my BFM spectrum please... #ettusb210 #uhd #sdrconsolev3

Jim Smith G0OFE

Looks like some sort of RFI from somewhere. I have a similar problem in the lower few Mhz of the band when beaming south. When I tune in on one (in BFM mode),  I have this ugly 50hz hum.

Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 21/05/2019 05:40, erik@... wrote:
Hi,

As you can see from the attached picture, I have 3 large 'humps' in the BFM range, with stations appearing out of the top of each (for the most part). You do not see any noise floor inbetween these three groups, like you do at the top end of the spectrum.

Why is this?

I can only guess; are these groups of stations each coming from a common wide-band amplifier?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.