-----Original Message-----
From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Leif
Asbrink

The statement "Mounting a linear polarizated antenna at 45° does not loose
3dB when receiving vertical or horizontal, but a completly unknown number
of dBs." is simply false.

It is valid only if the 45° antenna is a directional antenna pointing in the
wrong direction. Polarization is well conserved when a RX antenna is pointed
towards the geographical location of the transmitter.

The above is based on solid experience on 144 MHz, but it seems to me that
88-108 MHz would not be different.