Re: Running Headless

Matthias Bopp

Hi Mike,

My Intel NUC will be in my outdoorunit (ODU) behind the dish for Eshail.

I can switch it on and off remotely (I built an IP controlled switch box).

When switched on IP-Sound and vnc and SDR-Radio are automatically loaded.

IP-Sound is running continuously on my Shack computer.

Whenever I want to access the NUC from my PC in my shack I just have to start the vnc viewer in the shack and have access to the NUC at the EsHail dish.

Very soon there will be a new version of SDR-Radio supporting the Lime-SDR in fullduplex mode.

Thus, I can operate SSB from the shack via the LAN network to my ODU.

The LimeSDR is also supporting DATV-Express, thus I will be able to also use the same setup to transmit and receive the DATV signals to/from EsHail-2.

I am using VNC from www.realvnc.com

Kind regards

Matthias

www.dd1us.de