Re: RTLSDR detects no HF input signal

john rader

you have to have an up-converter as sdr console does not support the Q-input, so no hf available with the dongle.

On 1/19/2019 5:49 PM, Bernard Wehrli wrote:
Hello all
I have an Realtek RTL2838UHIDIR dongle and it works perfect with HDSDR, SDR Sharp and CubicSDR.
But I can't make it to work with SDR Console. It starts and I see and hear a signal noise floor of about -105 dbm. But the HF Signal is not comming through.
In the other programs I had to select  "Q-Input" to make  direct sampling mode to work. But I can't find any similar setting in SDR Console, to have  the HF Signal beeing directed to the input of my SDRRTL.

Could somebody tell me what I do wrong?

Thanks de Bernard, HB9ALH