Re: New laptop : advice needed

Kriss Kliegle

Don't forget that SDRC is remote capable via the server service. Mount an old laptop and SDR out and away from all the OTHER noise makers you are going to hear. None of my eight SDR radios are used directly, 2 are 9.6 miles away, 3 are in the repeater shed 350' away, and 3 are in the house. All but one are connected to little Acer Netbooks with Atom processors. The Airspy HF+ didn't play well with those, so it's on my XYL's i3 laptop. Most of my QRM is from the ethernet cable, choked with a 2.4" 31 mix core to tame it.

73 Kriss KA1GJU