Re: New laptop : advice needed

BobS

I too am firmly in the Microsoft Surface camp, but that's a personal preference.  Although I do not agree with your assumption that Dell is a better brand than Lenovo.  I have a 6 year old Lenovo that's still going strong.

I/O is very important.  Be sure to get a computer that has USB C and USB 3.1.  While almost all SDRs today are just USB 2.0, it's safe to assume we will get new SDRs with more bandwidth and that require the latest connectivity.

I'd also only consider an i7. You may find an i5 that'll do the job.  Having two or three SDRs running does require CPU power.

Bob