Re: ADALM-PLUTO

D R

Sorry - the link inside this article to the dual core hack appears to be dead now, but the details are here instead:  https://www.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/comments/7h2hh2/plutosdr_enable_2nd_cpu_core_for_better/ 

It looks like another 60sec job which improves Tx capability.

Regards,
Dave

On Saturday, 5 January 2019, 22:11:30 GMT, D R via Groups.Io <robsond90@...> wrote:

On Saturday, 5 January 2019, 22:04:25 GMT, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,.

Here’s the link: https://wiki.analog.com/university/tools/pluto/users/customizing#updating_to_the_ad9364 I don’t see anything about the CPU though.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Siegfried Jackstien
Sent: 05 January 2019 21:58
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] ADALM-PLUTO

exactly there are TWO hacks ... one is expanding tuning range .... and the other is switching on the second cpu core (if i remember right)

that second hack may bring up a boost in troughput

dg9bfc sigi

Am 05.01.2019 um 21:28 schrieb Simon Brown:

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you appear to be right about the hack. Haven’t tried it myself 😊 . Maybe a receive-only kit on Monday.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of D R via Groups.Io
Sent: 05 January 2019 21:10

Hi Simon,

The lossless throughput is limited to about 6MHz by the capabilites of the hardware itself, so you shouldn't expect too much of it.  Below 6MHz it's excellent, but it's still usable up to 20MHz, depending on what you want you want to do with it.

Are you sure about the hack?  It's purpose is to trick the radio into thinking it's got a 9364 chip instead of the 9363 which is actually there.  I bought one last August when new supplies became available from AD, and the hack worked then for me, and everyone else who got one at the same time.  AD even seemed to be releasing them with hackability as a known feature to encourage their take-up.  Maybe they've closed the door now - I don't know - but I was quietly hopeful that we'd see support for the Pluto in V3 soon.  Perhaps, after a few days, you might bring it back to the front of the hob and give it another stir? :).

Regards,

Dave

Saturday, 5 January 2019, 17:47:33 GMT, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Well,

So far, not so good. Maximum sustained throughput without packet loss is 6MHz, massive internal latency . I was using the latest firmware 0.29, also mine uses the 9363 chip to the hardware hack isn’t valid.

Pluto is now on the back burner.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark L. Hammond
Sent: 05 January 2019 12:26

Yay! I pulled out from storage my Pluto. Updated firmware. Ready to play with this again, but on V3 it will be a treat :) Thanks, Simon!

Mark  N8MH

Join main@SDR-Radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.