Von: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] Im Auftrag von Mr VILLAIN Laurent
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018 12:42
An: main@sdr-radio.groups.io; main@sdr-radio.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [SDR-Radio] Es Hail 2 LNB Antidrift

Fully agree with you Matthias.

De : main@sdr-radio.groups.io de la part de Matthias Bopp <matthias.bopp@...>
Envoyé : jeudi, décembre 27, 2018 8:39 PM
À : main@sdr-radio.groups.io
Objet : Re: [SDR-Radio] Es Hail 2 LNB Antidrift

Hi Laurant,

I understand but when already building an external reference circuit to generate the 27 MHz why not chose another reference to move the IF higher

and have higher overall gain. Also if you move the IF beyond 950 MHz you can use common DVB-S2 receivers. The effort is basically the same.

At the same time you can have an addition feature: if you chose for instance 26,03076923 MHz you get a LO frequency of 9400 MHz.

Thus you can tune your receiver easily as the last digits of your tuned frequency are the same:

for instance RF=10489,952 MHz will result in an IF=1089,952 MHz.

That might be only useful with analogue receivers as with SDRs you can typically adjust the frequency offset easily.

Anyhow, there are apparently many ways to Rome …

Have a nice day

Matthias

www.dd1us.de