Re: ARGH! My stuttering is back on the SDR-iq's via remote

Paul Mclaren MM0ZBH

Cornel, assuming Kriss is running fixed up addressed across all devices that should not be an issue as no DHCP lease requests will be sent.  In theory!

Kriss - another network basic unless you have done it already run a ping 192.168.x.x -t from each client to the server and see if the response rates vary widely and correlate to periods of poor performance.   Replace 192.168.x.x with the IP address of the server.  If it shows something significant in the way of delays you could strip things back further removing devices from the network till you find the cause.   It might show nothing but it will start to prove the stability of your network.

Regards

Paul

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 15:16, C. van Ravenswaaij <cortec@...> wrote:
Kriss,

Are you certain that there is only one DHCP server active in your network? If you use any, that is.
I have had strange client behaviour in my network, until I found out that, somehow, one of my AP configured routers had it’s DHCP function (re)activated after a firmware update.

Good luck,

Cornel

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 8 dec. 2018 om 13:36 heeft Kriss Kliegle <kliegle@...> het volgende geschreven:

Yes, IPV4 network, all servers have a fixed IP (won't work outside via the WAN without them)
I even removed a switch and a LynkSys (DD-WRT flashed) router and problem still remained (see diagram above in msg #44315) between Client computer #1 and SDR-iq Server #2 & #3. Still the same behavior, but if I connect to any of my SDRplays, (SDRPlay #2 is not shown on the above diagram since it was removed for testing) no issues what so ever going through the same series of switches at 1 MHz bandwidth.

I do have long runs of CAT6 from house to barn ~250' and from barn to repeater shed ~150', but as previously mentioned some SDR's work fine and some not so good via select clients. I spend most of my computer time using my XYL's 10 yr old Laptop, the one running the AirspyHF+ server. That old machine accesses all my SDR's just fine, go figure!

Will try the NETSTAT diagnostics this AM....

73 Kriss KA1GJU