Re: ARGH! My stuttering is back on the SDR-iq's via remote

Stu C

I'm beginning to wonder if this is Spectre/Meltdown mitigation hitting streaming performance.
If so would differ between CPU's and BIOS's.
If you can, update your BIOS on any Server and Clients where stutter is seen, see if it affect anything.

https://www.infoq.com/news/2018/01/intel-spectre-performance

BTW Kriss sort of got your lustration but had to hold my head sideways for the post-email-group formatting.
Good luck with the barn door, hope the horse is still there.

On 30/11/2018 12:55, Kriss Kliegle wrote:
Looks like my 'drawing' got destroyed in the formating. The only part of the complex network I have that isn't common is the switch used in the office to feed the Raspberry Pie ADSB RXR server, SDR-iq #1 and SDRPlay #1 server, and my desktop PC. That's an old Net Gear 10/100. There was not much traffic through it, just occasional ADSB traffic, and the SDR-iq#1/SDRPlay #1 server was not in use at the time.

The DD-WRT modified router is there to give me an WAP out in barn (shop), so the wifi part really isn't in use now that I ran Cat6 over to repeater shed. I just use the ports as a switch for now.

Will spend more time later today, barn door folks are due to arrive any minute...

73 Kriss KA1GJU