Re: Nice Screen Capture AO-73 Demonstrating Doppler Correction

Ryan Butler

869 DUV frames in the last 7 days, nothing in the last 24 (Been on funcube, I think it was probably thursday or friday when I last parked on AO-92)

I know the amsat-bb list said the that the data warehouse was down, but shouldn't have affected local decoding, I'll see what I can get tonight off 85/91/92.

Ryan, NF0T

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 3:49 PM Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
Ryan,
When did you last do a decode of AO-92/91/85 ?
I ask because another station from Europe suggested that the sat's data was not working right.

I'm going to setup for a pass around 10:26 p.m. with WFM as you suggest (I already tried NFM with highpass off and got no decodes). I'll check back in the a.m.

I'm going to keep after it, as I'm getting fantastic results on AO-73 decodes, as well as NOAA-15, 18 and 19.

Setup:

SDRC V3
AirSpy HF+
KLM Eggbeater (2m) up about 7' fed with 80' of 9913

I'm using SDRC/Sat Mode to do doppler...and it is working really, really well!

On AO-73 I use FunCube Dashboard and have already auto-uploaded over a 1000 frames to the collection site.

On NOAA I use WxtoImage Professional (an abandoned program that is just excellent).

FoxTelem 1.6r with latest patch for 85/91/92

...and only these last are resulting in no decodes for me.  Thanks so much for your input.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 12:51 PM Ryan Butler <rbutler@...> wrote:
Hasan,

It should work once you get the high pass on NFM srted out or if you manually use WFM, I've decoded all 3 of the stack (85/91/92) with the V3 console, using satpc32 though to do the doppler correction.

Ryan, NF0T

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 9:06 AM Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
Notice two things:

1. The telemetry is dead center in the 3 kHz Rx IF passband...and it is held there the entire pass. The doppler correction is perfect.

2. The starting freq is 145.932850...that is not a mistake, it is an adjustment that is required because the Sat Downlink freq is not really 145.935 due to thermal issues on the bird.

If you don't change the freq in the Sat Panel setup and you are trying to auto-record with FunCube Dashboard, you will miss decoding.

Since changing the freq, I have automatically captured data from every pass with no operator intervention,  using SDRC/SAT.

BTW, I think the data is 1200 baud BPSK and I'm decoding as low as 3 to 5 deg Elevation with a 2m Eggbeater. At a 30 deg EL pass, I'm seeing 25 to 30 dB SNR.

I still  haven't gotten any telemetry to work with FoxTelem on AO-91/92. I may not have had a decent enough pass yet. That uses DUV (subaudible data under voice on FM) and it doesn't seem to work nearly as well as 1200 Baud BPSK on USB.

73, N0AN
Hasan