Re: 3.0.2 news, performance

Augusto <hb9tza@...>

Very good news! Thanks Simon
73 44 Augusto HB9TZA

Il 09/08/2018 07:29, Simon Brown ha scritto:

Hi All,

A few weeks ago, I start the digital mode interface – just a small window where I can develop PSSK / RTTY etc. before making a nice big digital mode display. Anyway, I found that some of the early code in V3 wasn’t as efficient as it should be, inter-thread messaging was making the main thread’s message pump work too hard. I’ve spent the last few days in this area, and have now made some remarkable performance improvements (maybe I should not write such bad code in the first place - but it’s all a big learning curve).

The result is the load on my Intel NUC NUC7i5BNH can now be less than 1% - see attached screenshot. On ‘weaker’ systems such as my 2008 Cure2Duo 2GHz 4GB laptop the code is much more responsive, so this exercise has been worthwhile.

With luck 3.0.2 will be released on Monday, the test team get to play later today.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com