Re: May I use external USB Creative Sound BlasterX G5 ?

Alan G4ZFQ

**Does somebody use an external Audio USB3 Board type Creative Soundblaster G5 ?
**What's about it?
A far away friend offered me one, but I cannot test it before.
Or could be better to use an internal Sound Blaster Zx PCI-Express with its external control module?
**Actually I use an internal old model Soundblaster, but it is not 120dB (DAC) noise, nor 24bit/192kHz . **
**Is this G5 USB3 board usable a**nd**OK for Ham radio hobby, or just overkilling?**
Augusto,

What are you going to use it with?
If it is for soundcard SDR it might be critical.
But just for voice or data then almost anything will be good enough.

73 Alan G4ZFQ