Re: Hello Server System Operators (SyOps), Lets get your servers working PLEASE! #sdrsharp #airspyhfplus #sdrplay

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Norm - N3YKF and those who are reading,

I can't even log in, the ones that forgot to put a default username and password fail immediately, no waiting there.

It's the servers that have either the router port not open and forwarding correctly, firewall on the computer not open to the outside world, or their anti-virus software is blocking incoming requests. Those take time to fail due to the re-attempts, sometimes locking the client end up too!

Here's just the one's that failed to enter Default Username and passwords:

Then you have the ones with firewall/port issues:

W4HTP Cannot access 71.75.212.32 port 50101, Connection refused (server not listening on the selected port).. Location is Charlotte, North Carolina, 28227, United States, NA. Antenna is Butternut HF9V.
Version 3.0 build 3118

SM6FMB Cannot access 81.225.32.161 port 50101, Timeout after 5 seconds. Location is JO57VO Styrso Island EU-43. Antenna is 6 Band HexBeam 20 - 6 Meter usually 180 deg (80 - 40 Meter Bazooka). Antenna 80 - 40 meter Bazooka.

SDRPlay RSP1a Cannot access 212.56.100.116 port 50101, Timeout after 5 seconds. Location is Horley, Surrey, England, RH6, United Kingdom, EU.
Version 3.0 build 3118

Nick Cloyes Cannot access 69.23.52.140 port 50101, Timeout after 5 seconds. Location is Russell, KY.

KB2SHS Cannot access 71.115.203.206 port 50101, Timeout after 5 seconds. Location is Upstate Central New York. Antenna is Discone.
Version 3.0 build 3118

K3SF Cannot access 108.16.62.56 port 50101, Timeout after 5 seconds. Location is New London, PA USA. Antenna is 40m OCF. SDRPLAY RSP1Grid FM29bs.

I suppose one could take the time to look up the callsign and hope they have an email listed on QRZ.com, or take a shot in the dark and try callsign@...
and assist them. Or maybe they just might see this message?

Oh, yes about the antennas.... after all the work to find a server that actually works, only to find out it hears S-9 of pure noise, or local QRM harmonics every 12 kHz. I go to extreme measures to eliminate or reduce QRM on my servers, 5 servers on three separate antennas separated by 400' and another 2 servers located 12 miles away. Some do have antenna disconnects when nearby HF transmitters are powered up, and is noted in the greeting (V1.5) and in the On Air Comments section V3. I currently have two SDR-iq with the front end components burned off the board, my fault for a 1KW 160M station near an end fed wire!

Only two pints, had to drive the XYL home from their pub crawl!

73 Kriss KA1GJU