Re: Major security flaw found in Intel processors

Bruce Tanner

On Jan 3, 2018, at 6:06 PM, Ray Lyford <ancient_brit@...> wrote:

Do they employ anyone at the Gaurdian that will have half a clue about what they are saying.

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Simon Brown <simon@...>
Sent: 03 January 2018 14:46
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Major security flaw found in Intel processors

… implementing the fix is expected to significantly affect the performance of the computer, making some actions up to around 30% slower.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/03/major-security-flaw-found-intel-processors-computers-windows-mac-os-linux

Simon Brown, G4ELI

www.dxgalaxy.com

At the moment you can't register, but if I ever get time I'll add registration so you can post spots. Please don't hold your breath - I have a lot to do such as book ...

www.sdr-radio.com

Software-defined radio (SDR) is a radio communication system where components that have been typically implemented in hardware (e.g. mixers, filters, amplifiers ...

www.sdr-satellites.com

This website describes the first preview of the satellite tracking interface in version 3 of the SDR-Radio.com SDR software. The satellite tracking provides a simple ...