Re: Scheduled Recordings

Robin Thompson

Re FM (Broadcast) well 15Khz is the upper audio limit (due to the 19Khz pilot tone filtering)

Due to channel spacing  (9Khz in Europe - 10Khz in US ?) 4.5/ 5Khz audio max.

But on SW where channel spacing is less , the same max audio frequency still tends to be applied, interference being minimised by not using the channel next to another strong signal !

DAB uses 48 or 24Khz sampling and so can in theory carry up to 22Khz or 11Khz

I can find out about DRM – but not too sure at present

73

Robin

G3TKF