understood...but why is "Youssef" windowing being used for the NetSDR?....that's what comes up when I click on the NetSDR screenshots...

Thanks again.

Nick

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is the FFT Windowing, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_function Youssef is the brains department at Airspy, he designed his own algorithm. It’s really something for the CW / very narrow signals.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] On Behalf Of Nick Hall-Patch
Sent: 28 September 2017 23:45
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] HF+ Comparison

Quick question, probably indicating how far I am out of my depth.....but the couple of NetSDR displays I looked at in your link used "Youssef" windowing, which I don't know about.....whereas the HF+ displays used more conventional windowing.

Why "Youssef" windowing for the NetSDR please?

Thanks.

Nick

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,