Re: Inquiry from beginner about SDR

big.zigzag@...

Dear Jim,

Thanks for your reply

I want ask you about other thing

I have Sangean ATS-909X radio I can receive some HF ham radio , but how can I improve the receiving by using external antenna , if I can build one or I bye a ready one , which one is better for this radio.

Thanks

On Aug 11, 2017, at 5:04 PM, Jim Smith G0OFE <sdr-radio@...> wrote:

The RTLs dont cover below about 24Mhz unless they have been specifically modified, and even then it recieves very badly on frequencies below that.

================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Perseus/FM+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 12-ele ZL Special for 2m, plus wideband vertical. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 11/08/2017 13:55, big.zigzag@... wrote:
Dear Friends,

Good day,

In the beginning I would like to thank you all about this great group which provide a good information.
I'm beginner user of SDR, I have (NooElec NESDR SMArt Bundle)
<mime-attachment.jpg>

I'm using as software SDRSharp,

I can listen to VHF without any problem, but when I want to listen to HF I can not catch any signal.
I'm using below setting
<mime-attachment.jpg>

When I use this setting the screen look like there is many signals but there is no any real signal from armature radio . as below.
<mime-attachment.jpg>

I'm using comet gp-9 antenna.

My questions is
1-how can I use my SDR to listen to HF armature radio ?
2- How to findout the correct shift number which I should set ?
<mime-attachment.jpg>

What antenna should I use if my antenna not good for SDR ?

My location is Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
And sorry for my English language is not good .

Thanks for your help
MJ