Solar Eclipse and Weather Sats

dwight_talley

I lived in Stuttgart Germany during the Solar Eclipse of Aug 11, 1999.  Tour companies brought people from all over Europe to see this event. (charged them a lot of money also).  But being it was a typical day there, clouds covered the event and only cleared afterwards.  By chance a weather sat was overhead at the same time and I was able to watch the shadow of the eclipse move across the landscape and clouds.  I cant remember if it was a Russian weather sat or an American one but they operated in the 137 mhz range.

Might be a good project to try to see what you can receive of the event using the different SDR software programs that are available.

Dwight