Re: Inquiry from beginner about SDR

Jim Smith G0OFE

The RTLs dont cover below about 24Mhz unless they have been specifically modified, and even then it recieves very badly on frequencies below that.

================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.
Elad FDM-S2, Perseus/FM+, SDRPlay and Funcube Dongle SDR Recievers
8-element OP-DES for Band 2, 12-ele ZL Special for 2m, plus wideband vertical. Wellbrook 1530 Loop for LF

On 11/08/2017 13:55, big.zigzag@... wrote:
Dear Friends,

Good day,

In the beginning I would like to thank you all about this great group which provide a good information.
I'm beginner user of SDR, I have (NooElec NESDR SMArt Bundle)

I'm using as software SDRSharp,

I can listen to VHF without any problem, but when I want to listen to HF I can not catch any signal.
I'm using below setting

When I use this setting the screen look like there is many signals but there is no any real signal from armature radio . as below.

I'm using comet gp-9 antenna.

My questions is
1-how can I use my SDR to listen to HF armature radio ?
2- How to findout the correct shift number which I should set ?

What antenna should I use if my antenna not good for SDR ?

My location is Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
And sorry for my English language is not good .

Thanks for your help
MJ