Re: CAT Control

Joe Puma

Looks like I found a working for solution to sync the radio. I'm running a program called Commander version 12.6.7

It connects to my radio and SDR Console is setup as a Secondary CAT control in the Commander program. When I change frequency on the Radio, SDR Console follows, not the other way around though, I change the frequency on SDR Console, the Command and Radio don't follow.

By the way I also installed the VSP manager from K5FR and uninstalled VSPD since it was a commercial demo. However, I don't see the virtual ports in the left window pain on the VSP manager and when I create the pair I get .NET error. But it does work and it's free so that works for me.

Joe,
KD2NFC

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2017, at 2:27 PM, Joe Puma <kd2nfc@...> wrote:

Hi Gregory,

What's this synchronization tool in HRD you speak of? Lol. I'm running 6.4, I don't see it.

It's interesting how you have HRD connected to SDR Console using the Kenwood TS-2000. When I try to connect it's not able to receive the frequency and other settings so it fails connection.  But when I set the radio type to SDR-RADIO,  it connects. Weird.

So how do I get the two radios in HRD to synchronize and which refresh are you using?

Simon, is there any reason why these two programs can't talk using their comports to control one another? They both support the same Kenwood protocol, but don't seem to be talking properly like when you use other programs like logbooks and frequency manager. What gives? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks,

Joe
KD2NFC

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2017, at 10:29 AM, gregory.head via Groups.Io <gregory.head@...> wrote:

Hi Joe

I am not too sure how far you have got with this but I thought that I would make an offering.  I have just spent about 2 days trying to link SDR Console v3 to HRd V6.3 with some measure of success.  My solution is similar to yours with the exception that I made use of the Syncroisation tool in HRD.  I say "some measure of success" as the syncronization itself only seems to work when I hit the REFRESH button....why there isn't an automatic refresh when the master frequency changes I don't know but I have raised a ticket on it.  I did have a lot of trouble getting the vsp manager to run properly!

So....I can get HRD to control SDR Console v3.....and control my FT3000 via HRD at the same time....if I click REFRESH.

See the attached screenshot.  Still work in proigress!

73es

Greg
G4EBY
<HRD SRD Console v3 linked.bmp>