Re: SDRplay2

Paul Goelz

At 01:57 PM 7/26/2017, you wrote:
Although I find V2 and V3 very impressive pieces of software, I find that they aren't modeled after a full featured transceiver/receiver.
I find that the RSP2 integration is quite buggy for the time being. HDSDR is quite friendly.
Different "Paul" here.....

While I too am a fan of HDSDR, I find SDR-Console V3 works just fine with RSP2 and on a laptop. In fact, I use V3 almost exclusively on my Thinkpad X1 Carbon laptop with either the touchpad or the Thinkpad Trackpoint. To tune to a specific frequency, tap on the waterfall. To tune up or down within the sampled bandwidth, scroll either way with whatever pointing device you are using. I don't see any material difference between tuning on V3 vs. HDSDR. In fact, I find V3 to be simpler and more intuitive than HDSDR because you don't have to worry about the "local oscillator".

Buggy integration in V3 with RSP2? I have found no bugs at all after updating to the current build. My only complaint is that where SDRUno stores the antenna selection with a stored memory channel, V3 does not. On the flip side, V3 stores the displayed bandwidth and SDRUno does not.

Paul

Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI
pgoelz@...