Re: Satellite Tracker 📡 🛰

WB8CJW <dale.elshoff@...>

I found this in the Audacity help file:
"The largest file size for a WAV file is 4GB (this is the limit for the WAV format)."

Seems like you should be able to combine files with the concatenate operation using the copy command in a command prompt.  You need to add the /b command switch so it handles the files in binary format:

copy file1.wav + file2.wav + file3.wav newfile.wav

This will copy the three files in the example to a new file but will only play to the end of file1.wav and stop.  I don't know what Zip or 7Zip does to multiple files when they are appended to an archive.

I think a better tool like Audacity is needed and it can utilize all of the hard drive that is available if you want.  It has a gauge that indicates the storage space available.

I would say you need to look at compression / codec tools (mp3, mp4) if the length of play time is what you are looking for.  Working with this size of files is going to get slow and tedious.

Dale WB8CJW

On 3/31/2017 12:42 PM, Joe Puma theprogramllc@... [sdr-radio-com] wrote:

Hey Simon,

By the way, I've used a little program called WAV joiner and it works combining the .WAV files. Unfortunately it maxes out at 2gb. I'm still on the hunt for a tool.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2017, at 4:56 AM, Ben Z eigenwys@... [sdr-radio-com] <sdr-radio-com@...> wrote:

Hi,
I also started to use V3 as replacement for the Orbitron software. As the satellite I select comes in range I start a recording. However, if I play back the recording there seems not to be any doppler correction in my recording.

That means for Nayif or AO-73 telemetry I have to tune manually in the playback.

Is this a setting I missed, or is it not implemented (yet) ?

Thanks,

Ben

Sounds good. Quick question. What's the best way to combine all the wav files so I can play back in SDR#?

Currently SDR# has a QPSK plugin to demodulate the signal. I'm trying to decode LRPT from Meteor-M2 and that's the only way I know how ATM.

I have a video editing computer I use and was going to try adobe premiere and just put all the wave files in series on the timeline and render out to match Source settings. I'm wondering if that would work or maybe if there's a simple wav stitching tool I can use.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 26, 2017, at 5:19 AM, 'Simon Brown' simon@... [sdr-radio-com] <sdr-radio-com@...> wrote:

Joe,

Thanks. I find satellites interesting. I’m hoping to get my log periodic up soon, then I’ll start tracking again. When I do I’ll start enhancing this part of the project.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
http://sdr-radio.com