Re: Newbie set up question

Bob

Thanx for the comments.  Maybe I will just run it thru the tuner.  I would like to listen to 160M.  The other option is to make my own attenuation pad.  I think Elecraft also makes one and some other QRP OEM's.  And I am not sure if the issue is the AM or FM BC band.  I can see the tower of a 100kW FM station from my house.  It kills some of my cheap FM tuners.  And I do have a pretty am station about 15 miles away.  I was also thinking of putting the RSP2 in another metal box.  The internal shielding in the plastic box is just a spray on.

I like the way Console shows SSB signal on the panadapter.

73 Bob W8RMV