Re: LimeSDR Update - Good!

vincent

Thanks Paul. maybe the Lime guys will remedy this in the next production run?

Vincent

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Paul Jones paul@... [sdr-radio-com] <sdr-radio-com@...> wrote:

Make sure you take the right thing off, someone thought it was the coil you could see, is a smt coil
See image for location, it was me, I just pushed on it with my nail and it came off.... MN18 is the part, it will leave the two solder pads...

Paul - NN4F

Paul Jones - NN4F
Ridgeville, SC EM93TB

Email: paul@...
Facebook.com/groups/sdrplay

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Siegfried Jackstien siegfried.jackstien@... [sdr-radio-com] <sdr-radio-com@...> wrote:

as already noted ... it is just removing a coil

on the lime hp some user reported it is an easy fix

a user wrote that the coil just "ppped olff" when he touched it

but i am guessing that is seldom ... so fire up your soldering iron and use a good magnifier

then desoldering should be easy

(sadly i do not own a lime ... so can not say more details ... but that is what i read somewhere else)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 11.02.2017 um 20:33 schrieb MV Elttba altectogo@... [sdr-radio-com]:

So Simon, how hard is it to take the transformer out? Should the Lime guys do this and not the customer?

Vincent