Re: Loop antenna

vincent

I'm interested in the answer also

Vincent

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 4:47 PM, 'Barry ' lists@... [sdr-radio-com] <sdr-radio-com@...> wrote:

I live about 2Kms from a 50KW medium wave broadcast antenna, at the moment I can hear this all over the bands. If I used an active loop antenna, would the interference from the broadcast station

a>     Increase

b>     Decrease

c>     Stay the same

As I only have a small city yard “Real” antennas won’t fit.

Barry

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...]
Sent: March 30, 2016 11:57
To: sdr-radio-com@...
Subject: Re: [sdr-radio-com] Loop antenna

I use a larger aperture loop (5 meters per side square) with my
Wellbrook loop product. It is essentially omnidirectional, despite its
size.

I mounted the loop wire on a pair of 30 ft "Jackite" brand pushup
fiberglass poles set 5 meters apart, and it worked swell. Again, it was
essentially omnidirectional throughout the HF spectrum. I took it down
only to place it farther away from the transmit antennas.

Just MY take - your mileage may vary !

Happy Trails -