Re: SDR Console, Perseus USB3 problem

clement F59465

re,

Ok the new, Perseus V4.1a works with the driver zadig.

On Port USB3 ok ! (although a problem with the old driver remains hidden in the maze of win10)
Install SDRconsole and HDSDR...

Hi Leif,

I delete the driver, it displays 'Unknown Device' in the manager.
I plugged Perseus USB3 and installs Zadig.

73'
F59465 Clement

Hello Clement

Be careful. Win 10 is not forgiving - (but the developers
intended it to be forgiving when removing "all" one just
removes the latest. Frustrating if you do not know...)

First of all. You must use the device manager to uninstall
perseus, unknown(1) as well as associated software.

IMPORTANT: Windows will only uninstall the latest but you
must make sure all the attempts to install a driver are
removed. You must run the uninstall repeatedly and I do not
remember if it is enough to unplug and again connect the
perseus or if one has to reboot in between.

Finally, when the oldest driver is uninstalled, you will
find that zadig reports driver (none) and that means you
can install winUSB after loading perseus.cfg into zadig.

I think you must rename the executable or move it to a different
directory because Win 10 may remember the old faulty driver you
used. It does in Linrad - but that could perhaps be because
of the way Linrad loads and unloads libraries at run time.
(To me it seems this aspect of Win 10 is a bug. I can not
understand how this could be the intended functionality.)

73

Leif